- All advertisements are subject to approval of the New England Journal of Medicine and NEJM Journal Watch (Publisher), which reserves the right
to reject or cancel any ad at any time.
- All advertisements are accepted and published by Publisher on the warranty of the agency and advertiser that both are authorized to publish the entire contents
and subject matter of the advertisement.
- In consideration of publication of an advertisement, the advertiser and the agency, jointly and severally, agree to indemnify and hold harmless Publisher, its officers, agents and employees against expenses (including legal fees) and losses resulting from the publication of the contents of the advertisement, including, without limitation, claims or suits for libel, violation of privacy, copyright infringement, or plagiarism.
- Publisher will not be liable for any failure to publish any advertisement accepted by Publisher; however, Publisher shall use its reasonable efforts to place
such advertisement in subsequent available space.
- All advertisements must clearly and prominently identify the advertiser by trademark or signature.
- For advertorial guidelines contact your sales director or visit nejmadsales.org.
- Any references to Publisher or its products or services in advertisements, promotional material or merchandising by the advertiser or agency is subject
to Publisher’s written approval for such use.
- All advertising contract position clauses are treated as requests. Publisher cannot guarantee fixed positioning.
- Publisher is not responsible for incidental or consequential damage for errors in displaying or printing an ad.
- Publisher may change the terms set forth herein at any time, provided that no such change applies to ads whose closing date precedes the
announcement of the change.
- Publisher will not be bound by any condition, printed or otherwise, appearing on any insertion order or copy instructions when such conditions conflict with
the conditions set forth in this rate card.
- In the event of nonpayment, Publisher reserves the right to hold advertiser and/or its advertising agency jointly and severally liable for such monies
as are past due and payable to Publisher.
- Proprietary names of pharmaceutical products must be accompanied by the chemical, generic or official name; the quantity of all active substances must be stated along with the recommended dosage. Newad copy and creative for pharmaceutical products should be sent to the advertising department.
Please allow two weeks for clearance.
- Advertiser represents and warrants that all advertisements and pharmaceutical products they advertise are compliant with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations in the country where the advertisement will be seen. Advertisements
for pharmaceutical products (including NDA products) that are subject to U.S. Food and DrugAdministration (FDA) oversight must comply with FDA regulations regarding advertising and promotion.
- RECRUITMENT ADS: All advertisements for employment must be nondiscriminatory and comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Ads that discriminate against applicants based on sex, age, race, religion, marital status or physical handicap will not be accepted. Non-U.S. recruitment advertisers are required to confirm in writing that they are equal opportunity employers.
- ONLINE ADS ON NEJM.ORG AND JWATCH.ORG: Any use of NEJM trademarks or copyrighted material for links to and from Publisher’s website must be approved in advance by Publisher. Any unauthorized linking is prohibited. Publisher does not endorse or support any product or organization linked to its website, nor is Publisher responsible for the content of any website promoted in an ad published in NEJM. The use by advertiser or its agency of pixels, beacons, cookies, tracking tags, or similar technology in advertising creative for the purpose of collecting personally identifiable information is prohibited.
DIGITAL CANCELLATION POLICIES
Advertisers may cancel the entire insertion order, or any portion thereof, as follows:
- Run-of-Site banner programs: On written notice to the
Publisher, advertiser may cancel all, or a portion of
the campaign, without penalty 21 days or more before
the campaign start date. For cancellations made
within 21 days of the start date, the advertiser will be
responsible for 50% of the campaign amount that
was reserved for delivery.
- Flat Fee-based or fixed-placement programs
(including but not limited to Advertising Programs,
Roadblocks, Specialty Packs, NEJM eTOC, Physician’s
First Watch, and all other email products): On written
notice to the Publisher, advertiser may cancel all, or
a portion of the campaign, without penalty 30 days
or more before the start date of the campaign. For
cancellations made 30 to 15 days before the start
date, advertiser will be responsible for 50% of the
campaign amount that was reserved for delivery.
For cancellations made within 14 days of the start
date, advertiser will be responsible for 100% of the
campaign amount that was reserved for delivery.